Generator catches fire and ignites home

CORPUS CHRISTI -

Many families are using gas-powered generators to supply power to their homes right now, but be careful, as one man found out, the machines can be dangerous.

Authorities say the man was working on a generator outside his home on Devon Street late last night when it caught on fire. The machine was close to the house and flames spread to a bedroom.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames and no one was injured.

With many people using generators right now firefighters recommend if people are going to run generators, keep them at least 10 feet away from the house. This will prevent any smoke or heat from traveling into the house.

title

Content Goes Here