The city has announced a complete list of warming centers and how city services will be affected by the cold weather.
- Broadmoor Senior Center, 1651 Tarlton St.
- Ethel Eyerly Senior Center, 654 Graham Rd.
- Northwest Senior Center, 9725 Up River Rd.
- Ben F. McDonald Library, 4044 Greenwood Dr.
- La Retama Library, 805 Comanche St.
Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority will offer free rides to and from local warming centers during available hours.
Individuals interested in traveling to and from a warming center can notify their bus operator when boarding to receive fare-free transportation.
Current B-Line customers can receive free transportation to and from warming centers by scheduling a trip at 361-289-5881 (press option "1" for English or "2" for Spanish, then press "2" for B-Line service).
The City of Corpus Christi has announced that Safe Fun-Fit at the Bayfront is cancelled this weekend due to forecast extreme temperatures. Classes will resume Jan. 29 from 8 to 11 a.m.
- The Odem-Edroy ISD has announced all schools and offices will be closed on Friday. Classes will resume on Monday.
- The Superintendent of Catholic Schools has announced with the anticipation of possible freezing rain and sleet across the Coastal Bend,Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Corpus Christiwill open schools with a two-hour delay on Friday. Schools will continue with regular schedules for Thursday.
- West Oso ISD will be closed Friday because of bad weather, as well as Sinton ISD.
- The Richard Milburn Academy will delay class start time by two hours.
- Officials from the Kingsville ISD said the district will be closed on Friday due to concerns about ice on roads from the impending weather. District Superintendent Cissy Reynolds-Perez said if students in the area need a jacket, they may reach out to a campus parent liaison/Communities in Schools' staff member to help look for warm clothes from the KISD/CIS Clothes closet.
- The Bishop CISD will also close their schools due to the expected inclement weather, and the district said classes will resume on Monday, Jan. 24.
- Driscoll ISD also will not have classes on Friday. Classes will resume as normal on Monday.
- Alice ISD has announced that its schools will be closed on Friday due to severe weather conditions of potential freezing rain and sleet. The school has announced the makeup day will be on Friday, May 27. And the district added that if conditions improve by the afternoon, they will monitor weather and road conditions for any changes in evening activities.
- Corpus Christi ISD has announced that they will operate on a two-hour weather delay for students, staff, and morning bus routes on Friday, Jan. 21 in anticipation of severe winter weather. The school district says extracurricular activities will continue as scheduled unless otherwise indicated by the sponsor/coach/athletics office.
- Gregory-Portland ISD has announced they will be closed on Friday, Jan. 21 due to the high probability of freezing temperatures and precipitation overnight on Thursday. All extracurricular activities will be canceled Friday morning. Extracurricular activities scheduled for Friday afternoon may continue at the discretion of the coach or teacher/adviser.
- Agua Dulce ISD announced on their Facebook page they will be closing schools from Thursday until Jan. 24 due to inclement weather and "several families that are experiencing a variety of illness in their home." All extracurricular activities are also canceled within that time frame.
- Premont ISD announced they will cancel classes on Friday due to the forecast of icy weather. All extracurricular events will also be postponed on Friday.
- Brooks County ISD announced it is canceling classes for all students on Friday
- Calallen ISD Announced due to concern for inclement weather and the safety of our students and staff, all Calallen ISD schools and facilities, including Latchkey, will be closed Friday, January 21, 2022. If additional updates are needed, information will be shared via local news media outlets including KIII, KRIS, KZTV, Univision, and K-99; and through the Calallen ISD website, social media, email, and text messaging. - Calallen ISD Administration
- .Flour Bluff ISD announced they will be closed Friday, January 21st, 2022, due to severe weather conditions. The latest weather updates are indicating a high probability of freezing temperatures and precipitation that may create hazardous road conditions Friday morning.
Business closures, delays
- The Texas State Aquarium has announced it will close early at 3 p.m. Thursday. The aquarium also plans to reopen at noon Friday, weather and road conditions permitting.
- The U.S.S. Lexington Museum will open at 11 a.m. Friday due to winter weather.